"Two Hearts Beating As One"

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Irreplaceable Role

Walking through the funeral home yesterday my mind wandered away from me.

This life taken from this world at the mere age of 27. In someways I felt aceint old and in others I felt so young.

There this family set saying good byes to a loved one, never seeing the future he could of had... but knowing that God was there with them. Hearing the stories people tell and laughing at the fun times spent. Why do we wait until it is too late to tell those who mean so much to us that they do.... we need to tell them, they need to know. When we are at the final good bye they are gone and will never know how we felt.

As my mind wondered I went back to a place in time where we were all young crazy kids, some of us shy and awkward to say the least. Looking at us know compared to the us in the memory.... I noticed how far we had come and how little we had gone.

I was the awkward shy girl whose self estem had issues.... and they were the popular kid. But there were the moments when the lines faded and we were just kids having fun and growing up.

I felt that awkward girl surface for a little bit last night, talking to people who did not recognize me.... that outward girl is gone.... I have broken her shell.

It's funny how you breakfree from certain things but you are never fully free.

I saw how that young life touched so many, I have my own stories for him.... I wonder if my life has done the same.

I would like to think it has, I hope it has! I will continue to try and be that irreplaceable role.

No comments: